WHAT IS TREATMENT?
If you or someone you know needs help,
Addiction is a complex, progressive disease. Lifetime Recovery recognizes that successful and lasting substance use disorder recovery is best achieved in a focused and highly structured environment. Since 1963, Lifetime’s substance use disorder programs, founded on 12-step principals, have helped thousands of people. They are designed to treat causes and conditions of chemical dependency by developing a holistic approach emphasizing the mind, body, and spirit.
Lifetime offers evidence-based Intensive Treatment that focuses on Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy which helps clients change behavior by working with and resolving ambivalence. This process helps the client understand the thoughts and feelings that influence behaviors. Lifetime Recovery also emphasizes group and community interaction in sustaining the client’s health and wellness through sobriety. Supportive Treatment Programs focus on maintaining day-to-day life in recovery using Motivation Enhancement Therapy which is a client-centered approach to enhance behavioral changes while reintroducing clients back into society and the work force. Clients learn that the delicate balance between self-reliance and support from others is crucial to their recovery. They gain the confidence necessary to maintain their sobriety when returning to their communities as they progress from destructive behaviors to positive long-term changes.
Because of the heavy emphasis on the emotional aspects of addiction, clients often leave the program with an increased sense of community and strong, lasting bonds with fellow participants. Many Lifetime Recovery Alumni return to the campus to lead Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous meetings and to encourage clients to become part of an active recovery community.
Services Available With Lifetime Recovery
- For 55 years, Lifetime Recovery has been identified as a Chemical Dependency Treatment Center. Lifetime Recovery is entering into a new generation of treatment as a Mental Health and Chemical Dependency Treatment Center. The National Bureau of Economic Research reports that there is a definite connection between mental health disorder and the use of addictive substances. The most common issue connecting mental illness and substance abuse is an individual self-medicating with drugs or alcohol to alleviate mental health symptoms that they find disruptive or uncomfortable. Dual Diagnosis Treatment methods are critical. Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselors are able to treat only those suffering from substance abuse. Lifetime is increasing the Clinical Staff so that 30% will be Licensed Professional Counselors who are able to provide treatment for substance abuse while simultaneously providing treatment for mental health issues.
- It is important to remember how vital family members are to the recovery process. Lifetime Recovery provides Family Counseling so that families can have an active and positive role during and after their loved one’s treatment. We are reuniting families by making better parents, siblings, and children.
- Lifetime Recovery offers Veteran Services for those in the community who are not eligible for veteran benefits. These individuals will have access to a licensed counselor, who is a Veteran and assists with overcoming the disease of addiction and/or mental health issues. Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) is an effective psychotherapy that enables people to heal from trauma. Lifetime Recovery's Veteran counselor is certified in EMDR as well as several other modalities.
- The Recovery Support Services offered at Lifetime recovery provides support services for up to one year to clients following residential and/or outpatient treatment. This support is offered by Recovery Coaches who are licensed to respond to a client’s needs as they continue with their new life of sobriety. The needs may vary per individual but may be as simple as talking to someone as they meet the challenges of recovery. It also includes working with clients to access resources such as medical, dental, job training, housing, and transportation. In this way, many obstacles to remaining sober are overcome. The RSS team holds weekly events at the Outpatient facility to promote group interaction and support. Recovery Support Services acts as a community voice for advocacy of treatment and sobriety.
- Lifetime Recovery recognizes that smoking is an addiction that has a critical impact on the goal of achieving and maintaining long-term, stable sobriety. A Smoking Cessation Service is provided through educational classes. Participation in smoking cessation efforts while engaged in other substance abuse treatment has been associated with a 25% greater likelihood of long-term abstinence from alcohol and other drugs.
- Lifetime Recovery provides Spanish Speaking Counseling Services in support of one's native language and remove cultural barriers for successful treatment.
- Nutritional Education Classes are provided to emphasize the importance of making beneficial eating and lifestyle choices to improve long-term health and recovery.